We primarily use your data to provide the OrgChartHub organization chart building and visualisation service to you; to promote the service; and for the purposes of running our business. More detail in the “How we use your Information” section below.
We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things. More detail in the “How we use your Information” section below.
We’ll share your personal data to our customer whose subscription gives you access to OrgChartHub (typically, your employer). That organisation is referred to in this policy as the “HubSpot Account Owner”. Generally, we do not otherwise give your information for anyone else to use for their own purposes, but we use a number of external service providers to power our operations, including HubSpot – some of these are outside Europe. More detail in the “Transfer of your information out of the UK and EEA” section below.
We are happy to answer your questions about any of this – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy is for customers and users of the OrgChartHub service, and also individuals registered as HubSpot users of the HubSpot Account Owner.
If you believe that one of our customers is using OrgChartHub to process your personal data, please contact them direct with any questions about that processing. To the extent that any personal data is stored or processed by our customers using OrgChartHub, we act as a ‘data processor’ for our customers, who are the ‘data controller’ of any personal data processed using the OrgChartHub service.
OrgChartHub Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and the United Kingdom and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
We collect the following personal information when you provide it to us.
• Usage Data: Details of your usage of OrgChartHub including which charts you have been working on.
• Marketing and Communication Preferences: Your preferences as to whether we contact you with promotional information about OrgChartHub. We use this to make sure we don’t send you anything you have asked not to receive.
• Communications: We will record the fact that you have contacted us (or we have contacted you) and may retain the content of the communication, together with your contact details and our responses.
We may obtain (through an intermediary integrated with HubSpot called Intercom) your HubSpot email address. If you are the individual whose details are recorded by HubSpot as HubSpot’s main account contact for the HubSpot Account Owner, we will obtain from HubSpot your email address, and confirmation of your status as the account contact.
We use your information in the following ways:
To allow us to operate the OrgChartHub service, and the business operations we engage in to that end, including facilitating your use of the OrgChartHub dashboard and mobile app, and supporting any operational or technical queries you may raise.
To manage the HubSpot Account Owner’s subscription with us, which will include notifying you about limits on the subscription and changes to our terms.
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, and user relationships and experiences.
To analyse our revenues against our internal revenue measurements.
To administer and protect our business.
To deliver relevant website content and promotional emails we send to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of them.
We use your Marketing and Communication Preferences to make sure we don’t send you anything you have asked not to receive.
We will also use your information in the event that we need to enforce our terms of service, or to help us defend any legal claims against us.
We may also need to process your data for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
If you give us your consent, we may publish your feedback about OrgChartHub on our website or marketing material.
The GDPR requires all organisations that process personal data to have a “Lawful Basis” for doing so. The Lawful Bases on which we process your personal data are as follows:
Legitimate Interest: means the legitimate interest of us, HubSpot, and the HubSpot Account Owner, in our conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure OrgChartHub experience. The legitimate interests include provision of services that we are contractually obliged by the HubSpot Account owner to deliver to you; to provide and improve Services; to administer our relationship with you and our business; for marketing; and in order to exercise our rights and responsibilities. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at privacy@OrgChartHub.com.
Performance of Contract: means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract between us and you as our HubSpot Account Owner customer, or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Legal Obligation: means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
The OrgChartHub service is integrated with HubSpot. We receive certain information from HubSpot as set out above . We do not share any personal information about you with HubSpot.
Your HubSpot Account Owner will be able to see details of your usage of OrgChartHub by means of the admin dashboard on the service.
We use the following service providers to help us process your personal information:
• Our hosting partner, Amazon Web Services. See https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/ for more details.
• We use Intercom, a messaging service integrated with HubSpot, to communicate with you, for example to help process requests for technical support.
• If you are a billing contact at the HubSpot Account Owner, Stripe (our payment processor) may process your payment card details.
• We use ProfitWell (www.profitwell.com) to help notify users when a credit card (stored securely in our payments provider Stripe) needs to be renewed or updated. We also use ProfitWell to assist our internal revenue measurements. To learn about the privacy practices of ProfitWell, please see https://www.profitwell.com/privacy-policy
Additionally, we may disclose your data to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data.
We may share your information with any parent, subsidiary or sister OrgChartHub companies, to provide the OrgChartHub service and for internal administration purposes.
We may also share personal data where we consider it is required as follows:
· to comply with applicable laws, regulations or any judicial order
· to enforce our contractual rights under our terms of service or otherwise
· to protect the security, rights, privacy, safety and property of OrgChartHub, of you, or of others.
We will retain your personal data for a period of up to 12 months from the end of our relationship with the HubSpot Account Owner.
We may transfer your personal information to Intercom, Profitwell and Stripe, which are located outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). We do this to help us provide, and take payment for, the OrgChartHub service.
Intercom, ProfitWell and Stripe are based in the USA. The USA does not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the UK and European Commission have not given a formal decision that the USA provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the General Data Protection Regulation, including under the certifications under the EU-US Privacy Shield of Stripe, Intercom and ProfitWell. More information about the EU-US Privacy Shield is available here - https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/eu-us-privacy-shield_en.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email us at privacy@OrgChartHub.com,
• let us have enough information to identify you, and
• let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any promotional material we send you, you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
This privacy notice was last updated on 31/07/19.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, call us at +12097895841 or write to us at 4 Fairview Drive Hythe, Southampton, England, SO45 5GY.